- 1 lb 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15.5-oz cans black beans, undrained
- 2 15.5-oz cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey and onion until the turkey is browned and the onion is tender; drain fat. Add tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and bay leaf. Combine well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cover and stir. Simmer, uncovered, for another 30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings, such as shredded cheddar, sour cream, crackers, or jalepenos.
Makes 10-12 servings.